In order to be eligible, a theater must meet the following criteria:
- No previous dismissal from any MAT Awards season for misconduct or unethical behavior.
- Theaters must be located within the Metropolitan Atlanta Area, defined as within the county limits of Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Gwinnett, Clayton, Henry, Cherokee, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, and Rockdale counties.
- Performances must fall within the season currently open for application.
- Theaters must agree to follow all the 2018-MAT-Participation-Rules.
- Application must contain no more than two submissions for Musical and/or one submission for the Play category (we may allow more depending on how many submissions are made, but we won’t know until June 1st if we can make this happen).
- Applications may contain an unlimited number of Original Works submissions.
- Applications must be submitted by June 1.